Pages

Friday, 28 July 2017

Friends

I have been amazed over the past few years by the number of new friends I have made, thanks to the internet and social media.  Many of them I have been fortunate enough to meet in person.

We can often think of our retirement years being rather quiet, and even though we keep some friends for many years, we don't always see them as often as we'd like as we get older.

It seems to be working in reverse for me.  I have made a lot of new friends in recent years, mostly in my age group.  I've also rekindled friendships with those I haven't seen for many years.

A lot of my recent friendships have been made through blogging but also a shared interest in animal rescue and welfare.   I have met up with friends who live in Turkey, but also those who visit for holidays.  I am looking forward to meeting up with more in the near future, and also a lovely new friend in the UK when I visit next month.

So to those of you who are my friends, both new and old, thankyou for your friendship,your kindness, and for helping to make my retirement years much more fulfilling.

6 comments:

  1. It's good to make new friends, especially through blogging.
    I also seem to have made new friends through different things I've joined, locally.
    It's good to hang on to the old ones though, but sometimes they seem to move away and lose touch after a time.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wpnder if this comment will get through!
    You helped me so much with blogging...so I owe you a great debt for the horizons thus opened...and the friends met on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling is entirely mutual xxx

      Delete
  3. I am far from retirement, but feel the same way. love how the internet has connected me to peoplw we would otherwise not know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Hope you are doding well! I think I am going to be close to you in two weeks. We are going to be in a city called Belek, but it probably isn't that close. Never been there! I am hoping we stay safe and that it is a good place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ηey! Ꮃoսld yoоu mnd іf I share yоur blog with my myspace group?
    There's a lοt of people thnat I think woulⅾ eally appreciate your content.
    Please let me know. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x